Photos

Created with flickr badge.

Friday, July 20, 2012

More Than Meets the Eye

Salut!
I just wanted to tell you all about the vesper last night. It was entirely in Creole, with some translation, and though I couldn’t understand it all, Pierre (the co-director of the camp) said something that was inspiring. “By becoming better musicians, we become better people.” I think that is a really cool thing to think about, and it’s also very inspiring.
On another note, I want to talk about the people as well. I can’t understand more than half of what they say, but somehow, I don’t always need to know what they are saying. These people are so friendly and so ALIVE! They are absolutely gorgeous physically, but you can also see how incredibly amazing and caring and kind their souls are. They are constantly laughing and smiling and trying to teach us Creole, and they don’t ever seem to be bothered by anything. They have so much less material things than me, yet they live so much more. I wish I could live life half as energetically as they do.
Bonswa!
Hannah

2 comments:

  1. sounds like the vesper was super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like everyone is having fun and learning from each other - Beth

    ReplyDelete