Photos

Created with flickr badge.

Monday, July 15, 2013

Some Cool Technology Stuff...Hopefully

Thomas here...

Last year I attempted to stream our end of week concert live via an internet radio service, but at the time of the concert there was a severe lack of wi-fi due to distance from the router (we are all slaves to those four little bars).  I am going to attempt this again, but this time with more planning.  I will be prerecording any events then broadcasting them a day later when I can be relatively sure of stable wi-fi.  I will, to the best of my ability, get the end of the week concert broadcasted, either Sunday later in the evening, or Monday, most likely in the morning.  The other opportunity will be either Saturday fairly late in the evening, or Saturday sometime during the day, which will be the student group recital.  This one in particular is subject to potential cancelation because the students might not be playing their best, and might not want themselves put on the spot as this broadcast would do.  I might also work out to broadcast some of our practices as the band works just outside where there is consistent wi-fi, these would be truly live and you would get a chance to hear how well Liz conducts in Creole.

Here is the link to our Mixlr page where any and all broadcasts will be listenable.

If you wish to hear some live rehearsals I advise just keeping the window open, as you never know when we might be broadcasting.  Finally, if there is enough interest, it is possible we could work out a radio show-like event.  Those interested could ask us questions in the chat box of Mixlr, of over email, and we could all sit around the computer, given we have free time and are not teaching or playing, answering the question and just talking.  If anyone is worried this would be a great way to make sure your respective child is still alive, although last time I checked we are all still here.  So basically, spread the word, and tune in.  I'll be back with more specifics about when the other two recitals will be broadcasted.  I was also asked, when I cleared this idea with the director of the camp, to, due to copyright and the like, to ask that the crowd be kept relatively small, so just immediate family, and a few friends of each family.

On a more personal note, I've got two more poems in the works, and will post them, hopefully with others, throughout the week.

                                                                                                                  Na wè pita
                                                                                                                  Thomas

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for the 6 of you: 4 returnees and 2 newbies. That makes such a positive statement to our Haitian friends; we are truly friends. And you are the epitome of that relationship. Please say, "Hello" to all the wonderful people at the camp for me. I love the fact that your eyes and ears are so open and receptive, not to mention your hearts. Play a tune for me!
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete